- On June 7, 2016
- 0 Comments
As legal marijuana sales rise, branded marijuana products are becoming more commonplace, and more popular. Some of those throwing their hats into the ring are big names in the entertainment business. Their products may be the future of this billion-dollar industry.
As more states legalize marijuana, demand is moving from raw cannabis to extracted cannabis concentrates. Currently, concentrates make up nearly 60 percent of all legal sales. That boom comes down to the fact that cannabis concentrates are used to make edibles, topical ointments, capsules and other packaged products.
As people step away from buds, they look to more purified concentrates and topicals. There is room for immense growth in this area, and branded products are stepping into the market at a rapid pace. Here’s a look at some of them.
- Marley Natural: Marley Natural is the latest big launch in the world of legal cannabis. The family of Bob Marley created this brand to expand on his ethos, ideas and values. Marley Natural is a whole lifestyle brand; they offer oils, body lotions and soaps, in addition to smoking accessories.
- Snoop Dogg: Leafs by Snoop is another brand from a name you know. Snoop Dogg has a line of cannabis products, including cannabis flower, concentrates, weed boxes and a range of edibles (his “Dogg Treats”). Snoop was the first A-list celebrity to the legalized pot market with his full, self-branded line.
- Mirth Provisions: Founded by Adam Stites, Mirth Provisions has two lines. They offer cannabis lovers a cannabis-infused soft drink called “Legal” and a THC spray called Drift. This is an artisanal brand that is positioned to go places.
- Wiz Khalifa: Rapper Wiz Khalifa is a name we’ve all heard time and again related to music, but now Khalifa is entering into the cannabis business. He has a branded strain of weed as well as infused products and concentrates.
- Willie Nelson: Country music legend Willie Nelson is bringing us his “Willie’s Reserve” brand. It will be grown, distributed and sold by local businesses in both Colorado and Washington, and then will become available in other states as it becomes legal. Willie’s Reserve will be focused on environmental and social issues as they develop their product lines. Nelson says he will be heavily involved in the entire process, telling Rolling Stone, “I will make sure it’s good or it won’t be on sale.”
- Coachella: Cultivation Technologies will now have a “Coachella” branded line of cannabis that will feature raw cannabis as well as an extensive line of extracts and products. All production will take place in Coachella and that includes cultivation, manufacturing, testing, distribution and transportation. That means once the flowers are grown, they won’t need to be sent anywhere to be processed. The company believes that will ensure quality and consistency in their products. The Coachella brand will include raw cannabis along with an extensive line of extracts and products.
- Whoopi Goldberg: Whoopi Goldberg has also recently entered into the business of branded marijuana products. She and Maya Elisabeth are launching a medical marijuana line that will be targeted at women, for relief from menstrual cramps. The name of the line is “Maya & Whoopi,” and it will include edibles, topical rubs and tinctures as well as a bath soak that is infused with THC.
- Rihanna: Singing sensation Rihanna is also bringing her very own branded marijuana line to the party. The line is called “MaRihanna” and it will include raw cannabis as well as edibles and concentrates. MaRihanna will be available in Alaska, Oregon, Washington and Colorado soon.
- Tommy Chong: Legendary comedian Tommy Chong, who exemplifies the stoner persona and supports the cannabis legalization movement, has a number of products marketed under his name. Chong developed the safe and non-toxic Smoke Swipe, which helps remove the smell of smoke from small enclosed spaces and clothing, as well as flowers, breath drops, vape cartridges and CBD products.
- Dixie Elixirs: Dixie Elixirs is a brand that has been around since 2010, and they have an enormous range of products that cannabis lovers praise. They offer topicals, chocolates, mints, drinks, bath soaks and more. They are an industry leader when it comes to research and development, and are always on the cusp of the next new thing.
Cannabis topicals may be the wave of the future when it comes to medical marijuana. As more and more celebrities begin to produce their own lines of cannabis items, we at LiveGreen believe that more consumers will look beyond raw cannabis and take advantage of these other great products.
LiveGreen has four convenient locations to serve you, and we offer an amazing dispensary experience. We are proud to provide excellent customer service, because we know that no two people are alike, and not everyone is looking for the same experience when it comes to cannabis.
Allow our knowledgeable staff to find you just the right products today. Come in and experience the difference with LiveGreen.